// 5 mins read
We’re used to change, but 2020 tested the agency in new ways. We had to re-learn how to create in an environment of isolation, fatigue, and uncertainty. The creative culture, which balanced digital tools with face-to-face energy, shifted to a completely remote world of Zoom calls and virtual whiteboards.
The struggle of quarantine stressed our culture, methods, and creativity. But, as the weight of change and uncertainty bore down on all of us, we found ourselves growing closer – as a team and with clients. The absence of normalcy forced trust, change, and candor.
It also forced new creativity. The complete abandonment of prior norms combined with the necessity to create yielded new things. This included an interactive digital turntable, and Santa’s evil twin, Santar.
We created fun internal projects as well as impactful work for clients such as:
- Helping telecommunications company Eatel launch a new service line to help businesses stay connected.
- Working with Louisiana Economic Development to create a jobs platform for the number one talent workforce development program, FastStart.
- Telling the story of data integration company Talend in a more human way with beautiful visuals and emotion.
- Building an approachable brand for the Louisiana Department of Health’s and Louisiana’s COVID-19 contact tracing app.
- Pushing Louisiana Department of Health to reimagine the online natural disaster training.
- Creating a platform with District Attorney Hillar Moore to raise over $120,000 in donations and services for frontline healthcare workers.
Ultimately, we are looking back on the past year, proud of what we’ve been able to create, despite and because of 2020’s curveballs.
We’re thrilled to take home 18 Addy Awards, including seven gold, nine silver, and two judges awards. This would not have been possible without one another, our clients, and a bit of adversity.
We took home two out of three judges awards with our work for the Louisiana Department of Health and for our internal project, Project Turntable.
Above: Videos promoting the LDH Childcare Centers and Natural Disasters training site. Above: Landing page for the LDH Hazards (Childcare Centers and Natural Disasters) training website.Above: Artwork and illustration created for Project Turntable promotional video.
Full Award Line-up:
- Gold – Business-to-Business Website – LDH Natural Disaster Website
- Gold – Advertising Industry Self-Promotion Online/Interactive – Project Turntable
- Gold – Advertising Industry Self-Promotion Online/Interactive – Santar Speaks
- Gold – Advertising Industry Self-Promotion Film/Video/Sound – Santar Speaks
- Gold – Animation, Special Effects or Motion Graphics – LDH Natural Disaster Animation
- Gold – Animation, Special Effects or Motion Graphics – Santar Speaks
- Gold – Art Direction—Single – Project Turntable Website
- Silver – Advertising Industry Self-Promotion Ambient Media – Project Firefly: Light Canvas
- Silver – Business-to-Business Website – LED FastStart
- Silver – Microsite – LED Rural Website
- Silver – Advertising Industry Self-Promotion Film/Video/Sound – Project Turntable Social Video
- Silver – Logo Design – COVID Defense Logo Design
- Silver – Video Editing – We’re ON Anthem
- Silver – Animation, Special Effects or Motion Graphics – TALEND Explainer Video
- Silver – Cinematography—Single – EATEL We’re ON Brand Anthem
- Silver – Pro Bono Online/Interactive – Viral Positivity
Thank you for believing in us and allowing us to challenge you with our mission — to challenge common thinking so that we can create an uncommon future.