// 8 mins read
Design @ ThreeSixtyEight
Our designers are high-performing problem solvers who understand how people think and feel. They are digital natives who skillfully transform content and concepts into beautiful and easy-to-understand layouts. They communicate their ideas clearly, inspiring both clients and team members to buy-in.
Designers at ThreeSixtyEight are responsible for brainstorming and executing design direction for branding, web UX/UI, motion graphics, presentations, print, and other marketing collateral. Because we work as a cross-disciplinary team, designers should also expect to take part in developing concepts, strategies, and copy for multiple projects at once.
In this role, you will work on large-scale projects for national brands like Unilever and McGraw Hill. At the same time, you will work on projects for startups and local breweries. Our work is eclectic, fast-paced, and challenging… and we love it that way.
What you do.
When working with your team and your clients:
- Work directly with clients and partners to understand communicated objectives and develop solutions for their needs.
- Thrive in ambiguity, turning abstract concepts and sometimes vague direction into sharp, intentional deliverables.
- Operate in the space between design aesthetics and user experience while always considering accessibility, usability, and web standards.
- Push the envelope of innovation while maintaining a sense of what UI/UX best serves the project at hand.
- Work with project managers to provide clear timelines and objectives to produce the best work possible
- Interact with brand strategists to coordinate between the content and design of projects making sure the design resonates with communication in mind.
- Turn Information Architectures into beautiful, functional designs.
- Blur the lines between strategy and design to solve business problems.
- Understand the ever-changing dynamics of digital design.
- Understand how motion and animation inform interaction.
- Present ideas confidently, clearly communicating design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Intuitively solve problems – Google is our best friend.
- Interact with our developers (gasp!) and seamlessly assist in taking your vision to the digital world.
- Effectively communicating concepts, interactions, and functional considerations is a critical part of our design process.
- Don’t be boring – as a matter of fact, have fun with co-workers and clients. Our culture is what makes work fun!
Around the office:
- Creating web site maps, wireframes, and prototypes
- Interaction design and animation concepts for web, presentations, and motion graphics
- Illustration and graphic design using the Adobe suite and SketchApp
- Presentation design and setup in Powerpoint, Prezi, and Keynote
- Conduct research and analyze data to develop an effective product
- Personally interact with clients and present design concepts confidently
- Work with the internal team to develop brand and marketing materials
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and technologies in our field
- Stays alert for opportunities to increase client activity and billing, as well as obtaining new business and marketing to clients and audiences.
- Bring new, fun ideas to the company that makes work more enjoyable and makes our friends and clients love us.
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience
- Creativity and problem solving
- Proficiency with standard Adobe CC design programs
- Experience with web design tools like Sketch or Adobe XD are a plus
- Experience with front-end web design tools like Webflow and WordPress is a plus
- Digital and User Interface Design
- Managing a full schedule of multiple projects at once
- A Sense of Good Copy
- User Experience Design
Working at ThreeSixtyEight.
Love your job. We believe that the best work happens in a happy environment that promotes free-thinking, radical candor and honest teamwork. That’s why we promote a culture of creative confidence for both our staff and our clients.
Creative confidence means that we have the courage to be ourselves, take creative risks and break the rules sometimes, knowing that when big ideas are executed well, the results speak for themselves.
Perks and Benefits:
- Monthly catered lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for conferences or education
- EAP program for all full-time employees
- Paid hack days for working on internal passion projects
- Tickets to our Assembly Required and Some Assembly Required events
- A fun office with cool stuff like Nintendo and beer on tap
- Annual off-site retreat
- Flexible office hours
- Weekly Work-from-home Wednesdays and Half-Day Friday on the first of each month
- Great gear to ensure we have the best tools for the job
- Fun, team-centered mentality (no egos please)
- Healthcare plan contribution
- 401(k) plan matched up to 3%
- Opportunities for annual raises
How to apply.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful email explaining why you’d like to join the ThreeSixtyEight team to email@example.com. In your email, please include:
- Relevant experience
- Why you want to work at ThreeSixtyEight
- Your desired salary range
- Your preferred start date
- Your favorite hobby