// 8 mins read
Our strategists are natural leaders who come up with big, original ideas that challenge industry norms. They are dual-brained individuals who live between advertising and analytics, pairing sly communication with rock-solid data. They are highly organized creatives who communicate their ideas clearly, inspiring both clients and team members to bring it to life. Strategists understand how brands thrive in the modern economy and serve as guides for organizations who feel stuck.
The role of the strategist is a dual role at the company. The primary role is dedicated toward creating and leading project strategy and communication for client projects. In other words, the strategist will set the “north star” for the project goals in the form of a brief, and lead in developing the content and overseeing project direction. Secondarily, the strategist may participate in the composition and execution of project deliverables as needed.
What you do.
When working with clients:
- Synthesize sales briefs and client requests into clear goals, objectives, and tactics via clearly-written project briefs
- Communicate with the client and account director to acquire all necessary pieces of information for a successful project.
- Assist the business development team in capturing new deals by contributing to concepts, pitch decks, sales meetings, and project planning
- Work alongside account managers to cultivate long-term client relationships
- Track and monitor all production through a project to ensure quality control and goals are being met
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in marketing, media, and research theory and technique. Keep staff aware of new and significant developments and serves as a resource for all staff.
- Participate in, or lead, discovery and brand workshops with client and internal teams
- Audit existing client properties for growth + improvement opportunities (product UX, customer journey/customer experience, websites, digital marketing, community impact, etc.)
- Synthesize strategic findings into actionable and easy-to-digest reports
- Lead client meetings to present concepts + strategic plans
- Hit deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Maintain a consistent brand voice for our company and clients across digital platforms.
- Stay alert for opportunities to increase client activity and billing, as well as obtaining new business and marketing to clients and audience
- Engage in production work as needed, which may include:
- Websites: SEO auditing, sitemap construction, information architecture, content planning, wireframing, defining and leading nerd out sessions, functionality planning, site build, search engine optimization, dev QC, launch training, creation of maintenance guidelines
- Digital Marketing: Writing social media copy, media planning and placement, landing page copy + construction, asset planning, monitoring and reporting
- Film: Scriptwriting, voice casting, assistance on set, review of edited cuts
- Brand: Prep for and leading workshops, internal and external research, synthesizing findings into a comprehensive brand brief
- Content: For all of the above and beyond, you should be able to produce copywriter-level content. This includes research, writing, and editing of various content pieces such as blogs, email newsletters, content style guides, social media copy, advertising copy, print collateral, etc.
Around the office:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in marketing, media, and research theory and technique. In other words, never stop learning.
- Manage marketing initiatives and work with the internal production staff.
- Assist in managing interns.
- Maintain contact with key industry associations and organizations. Develop opportunities for community involvement.
- Don’t be boring – as a matter of fact, have fun with co-workers and clients. Our culture is what makes work fun!
- Information Architecture
- User Experience Design
Working at ThreeSixtyEight.
Love your job. We believe that the best work happens in a happy environment that promotes free-thinking, radical candor and honest teamwork. That’s why we promote a culture of creative confidence for both our staff and our clients.
Creative confidence means that we have the courage to be ourselves, take creative risks and break the rules sometimes, knowing that when great ideas meet experience and execution, the results speak for themselves.
Perks and Benefits:
- Monthly catered lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for conferences or education
- EAP program for all full-time employees
- Paid hack days for working on internal passion projects
- Tickets to our Assembly Required and Some Assembly Required events
- A fun office with cool stuff like Nintendo and beer on tap
- Annual off-site retreat
- Flexible office hours
- Weekly Work-from-home Wednesdays and Half-Day Friday on the first of each month
- Great gear to ensure we have the best tools for the job
- Fun, team-centered mentality (no egos please)
- Healthcare plan contribution
- 401(k) plan matched up to 3%
- Opportunities for annual raises
How to apply.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful email explaining why you’d like to join the ThreeSixtyEight team to email@example.com. In your email, please include:
- Relevant experience
- Why you want to work at ThreeSixtyEight
- Your desired salary range
- Your preferred start date
- Your favorite hobby